Manuscript Submission Policy
Submissions Are Currently Closed. No Unsolicited Proposals, Please.If you are interested in publishing, you may wish to consider our self-publishing services and release a book through our Legacy Isle Publishing imprint. Visit the Legacy Isle Publishing site for more information.
Watermark Publishing accepts very few unsolicited book proposals. However, if you would like to submit a manuscript or proposal, follow the directions below.
Please take a moment or two to review the other types of titles we publish, to see if your manuscript is indeed a fit for our publishing house. Keep in mind that we specialize in books about Hawai‘i, or that reflect a Hawai‘i connection.
We carefully review every submission and will contact you with the results of our evaluation. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
To submit your project for consideration, please include:
- Your book proposal, manuscript, or book
- A cover letter that addresses the following:
- A brief (approx. 100-word) synopsis of your book.
- A brief author biography including credentials, association affiliations and career highlights.
- Describe your target audience.
- List 2-3 titles that are similar to yours.
- What makes your book different, better, and unique?
- What do you plan to do to help promote your book?
- Describe your platform (that is, the audience or network that is already receptive to your message—are you a popular personality, writer, blogger or social media figure?).
- Describe your timeline for this project.
- A marketing plan and proposal that includes all current and future promotion plans with a rough timeline.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like your materials returned.
Materials may be mailed to:
ATTN: Manuscript Submissions
1000 Bishop St., Ste. 806
Honolulu, HI 96813
Our review committee will evaluate your project’s potential viability, and you can expect to hear from us in 10 – 12 weeks. If you have any questions about Watermark Publishing or our submissions procedures, please feel free to call 808-587-7766 or email us at email@example.com.
NOTE: Submission does not guarantee acceptance by Watermark Publishing. In the event that you do submit any remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, data, names, text, addresses, phone information or other information or materials (collectively, “Submission Materials”), you agree that all Submission Materials shall become the sole property of Watermark Publishing and will not be returned unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope is provided. Submission Materials will be used for review purposes only to determine whether your project will be accepted by Watermark Publishing. After Watermark Publishing performs its review of the Submission Materials, the Submission Materials may be returned, destroyed or otherwise disposed of at Watermark Publishing’s sole discretion. Watermark Publishing will not treat any Submission Materials as confidential or proprietary and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in other books published by Watermark Publishing.