To our valued customers,
On February 21, 2017, we discovered that our online store was breached, which could potentially impact customers who created accounts and ordered online. Our web team confirmed that the malware used in the breach has been removed from our servers and that we have completed a major security update that provides enhanced protection of personal and payment information.
If your personal information was compromised, you would have already been contacted personally by our Watermark Publishing staff. Should you have questions regarding the authenticity of this posting or any additional questions over the coming days and weeks, please call 1-808-534-7170 or contact us by email at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my personal information (e.g. name, address, phone number, etc.) was stolen?
If we have evidence that your personal information was compromised, you would have received a personal letter from a member of our Watermark Publishing staff.
How do I know if my credit card information (e.g. billing information, credit card number, etc.) was stolen?
If we have evidence that your credit card information was compromised, you would have received a personal letter from by a member of our Watermark Publishing staff.
Is the Watermark Publishing website secure?
Yes, the malware used in the breach has been removed and we have completed a major security update.
Has any identity fraud of other Watermark Publishing customers been reported?
We have not received any reports of identity fraud due to this breach of the Watermark Publishing website.
- Login to your Watermark Publishing account and create a new password. Do not use a password you use on another website.
- If you are concerned about the security of your credit card information, you may consider the following:
- Activating activity alerts from your bank, if applicable.
- Use a service like CreditKarma.com or other similar services to monitor your credit score.*
- Use a service like LifeLock.com or other similar insurance services to protect yourself from identity theft.*
*This does not constitute an endorsement of these specific services/products.